|The heart of an authentic Breaks Interstate Park explorer’s experience! Our 138 sites range from a great place to pitch your tent to full RV hook-ups. Most of these sites are wooded, but if you prefer, grassy areas are available in D campground. Playgrounds, a basketball court, a well-stocked store and a laundry facility are available. If you wish to bring a group, please contact the park for details on our overflow area. The campground is open from March 6 through November 1. Campsites may be reserved by clicking the reservations link at the top of this page.
*** PLEASE NOTE*** The Breaks Interstate Park reserves camping sites through a site-specific reservation system. Campers should check in at the campground store.
– Those who have reservations and arrive after hours will find a check-in packet posted at the campground store.
– Those arriving after hours without a reservation may contact the ranger on call for assistance, and that phone number can be found posted on the front of the campground store. If you have questions regarding check-in, please call (276) 865-4413.
– Those with reservations will find their check-in packet and instructions posted on the building at the entrance of the campground.
– Those without reservations may choose an open, unmarked site, and use the drop box at the woodshed for payment for that night only.
– If you are plan to arrive without a reservation, and wish to book a multiple night stay, visit the Camp Store or the reservations desk at the Rhododendron Lodge to schedule those accommodations.
Campsite options and rates:
All reservations incur a $5 processing fee.
Check in for our guests will begin at 4pm and check out is required by 1pm.
View the campsite map, here.
The park does have limitations to the number of units allowed per campsite. Each site allows two units per site, but only one camper. This allows our guests the convenience of a tent to accompany a camper, or to allow two tents per campsite.
Camp in style with our newly-added yurt! A yurt is a round-shaped tent modeled after the mobile round homes found in Mongolia. Our yurt will give you the most unique camping experience. It sleeps up to three people and features a bunk bed with full size mattress on bottom and twin on top. Additional furniture includes a kitchen table with four chairs and a love seat. Other amenities include a refrigerator/freezer, coffee maker, kitchen sink, air conditioning unit, and microwave. Cooking in anything other than the microwave is not permitted inside, but there is an outdoor cooking area featuring a picnic table, fire ring, and stand up grill. The yurt is located close to Campground D’s bathhouse and sits by itself for privacy. Cost per night is $64.95 with a two-night minimum.
You will need to provide your own linen for the yurt experience.
Campground reservations may be cancelled by calling our front desk at (276) 865-4413 ext. 3201. There is a $10 cancellation fee per site for campground reservations.
Campground Store Hours
March 6 – May 21: Monday – Thursday: Closed, Friday – Saturday: 12 pm to 8 pm, Sunday: 10 am to 4 pm.
May 22 – September 7: Monday – Wednesday: 12 pm to 8 pm, Thursday – Saturday: 10 am to 10 pm, and Sunday 10 am to 8 pm.
September 8 – November 1: Monday – Wednesday: Closed, Thursday: 10 am to 8 pm, Friday-Saturday: 10 am to 9 pm, Sunday 10 am to 6 pm.
After November 1, the campground store is closed for the remainder of the year until the 2021 Spring season.